Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Moonlight" by Katie Salidas

Moonlight (Immortalis, #4.5)Moonlight (Immortalis Vampire Series — Book 5)
by Katie Salidas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I’ve enjoyed all of Katie Salidas’ books in the Immortalis series, so I looked forward to reading this one. "Moonlight (Immortalis Vampire Series Book 5)" carries on the series and shows us Fallon, Alyssa’s best friend, and Aiden, werewolf Alpha of the Olde Towne wolf pack. As in the previous three books prior to this one, Fallon is human and deeply in love with Aiden. When Aiden’s father died, Aiden became Alpha by blood, not by trial. Part of the ritual in becoming the true Alpha, means he must have a wolf mate. The pack has trouble-accepting Fallon as the Alpha female because she is not a wolf. So now, Fallon must face the decision of either turning away from Aiden & the pack, leaving them all behind, or accept her destiny & become a werewolf herself. However, there is dissension in the ranks of the Olde Towne wolf pack. Two other werewolves want the role of Alpha and will do anything to get what they want.

I have enjoyed how author, Katie Salidas, builds her characters & their world, & fits together each facet of her story. As I said, I looked forward to reading this story. I hoped that she would put as much creativity into her description of turning werewolves as she did turning vampires. It was not as I had hoped, but she did not disappoint. There were points in the story that I felt needed a little more punch. For instance, though Fallon fought her final fight with due diligence, I would have liked to have read that Fallon took the final blow to her nemesis instead of the pack becoming involved. With Fallon going through all that pain and agony & nearly being killed, it felt somewhat anti-climactic to have the pack finish the fight. Showing the pack as supportive here worked for the story, but I felt that Fallon was gypped.

Though I have my opinions on minor details that I feel would better if written differently, it doesn't steal from the fact that Salidas did an awesome job with this story! I must say, these books get better with each one.

Grab your copy now!



View all my reviews

signature

2 comments:

John Phillips said...

I turn to a vampire any time i want to. i become a vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a powerful man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to human also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded man in my country. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire kingdom by given me their email. All thanks to Lord Shaka for your empowerment if you want to become a powerful vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their EmaiL:(lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )

Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com