Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Dragonfly in Amber," by Diana Gabaldon

 Dragonfly in AmberDragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"Dragonfly in Amber," by Diana Gabaldon, is the second book in the Outlander series. The story started slowly and for me, parts of the story seemed to walk by slowly as well. However, with that said, I would not skip one word in this whole book.

If you have read the first book, you know the story is about a 1945 WWII nurse who falls through time and ends up in the 18th century. In the story, we got a glimpse of how she coped with the English and the Scots, the hard times, and how she was saved from death numerous times.

In this second book, we're back in the 20th century, but we have no explanation until she tells her story to her daughter and the son of the ol’ reverend. Claire tells of her adventures in extensive detail. On several occasions, I had to bring out the tissue because I felt as if I were in Claire’s shoes, suffering as she suffered.

My overall opinion of this book was definitely 5-stars! Yes, I struggled with parts and it took longer than usual to get through the book. However, I wouldn't give up one second of my time reading it. I felt that the author did very well at immersing me into the story, putting me right there shoulder to shoulder with Claire. I also felt that I got a good dose of Scottish and English history. Whether all or none of it was truly from our history books didn't matter. Gabaldon's method of writing made you believe it was an historic event!

This is such a beautiful love story too. I swoon every time I think about getting back into the story. There's nothing fake about the love between Claire and Jamie.

Now, onward to "Voyager!"

View all my reviews

signature

1 comment:

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com