Monday, September 9, 2013

"City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I was clearly disappointed in this book. Yes, it was written well enough... but was it truly a necessary addition to the last three books? I don't think so. I really felt this book should have been the start of a new series that branched from this one.

I did really enjoy reading more about Simon. I felt that this book had more focus on him throughout it's pages. However, because of the other characters, Jace & Clary especially, and the importance they held in the other 3 books, this book couldn't just be about Simon, or Downworlders. It had to end with Jace & Clary.

I did not like how this book turned out! I half expected Jace to either kill Sebastian or himself to end this nightmare.

As I said, this book should have been a book 1 for a new series. It read like a first book in a series. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't feel like the author was trying to resurrect an already well ended trilogy.

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to go to the next book, "City of Lost Souls." I didn't like Sebastian the first time. I don't want to read about him again! He's dead... keep him dead! He's not a Zombie. He's half demon... therefore he should have died as both demons and humans die.



View all my reviews


signature

1 comment:

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com