Saturday, October 17, 2009

Special Service Announcement #beatcancer

We all know that cancer is a very deadly disease... and sorrowfully, it's taken loved ones from our lives. I have lost a grandfather to cancer and I have an aunt and cousin who have had to deal with breast cancer. There are others in my family that have battled it as well.

It is important that we take this seriously!

#BeatCancer has taken on a huge effort/experiment with the Social Media and Everywhere, a social media communications and content company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Their idea was to take a 24-hr period of time, starting Friday, October 16th at 9 am (PDT) and lasting until Saturday, October 17th at 9am (PDT) people all over the internet stratosphere will be asked to send tweets and Facebook status updates and to blog using #BeatCancer in their posts. Ebay/Paypal and MillerCoors Brewing Company would donate a penny ($0.01)* for every Twitter message, Facebook update or blog post that includes the phrase #BeatCancer.

Now, I've heard that Ebay/Paypal and MillerCoors Brewing Company are attempt a Guinness Book of World records...Well, I hope they make it... and I hope they end up donating a lot toward the cause... It's important for all of us!

I'm helping to raise funds to
#beatcancer, by blogging, tweeting
and posting Facebook status
updates.

Click here to join me!

No comments: