Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Twilight Sweethearts

Whenever I get out to do errands, I try to be as observant as possible.... Really I do. Its not every day that you have a blatant display of such wonderment! So, today I went to Fry's Marketplace. It's a grocery store here in the Southwest. As I am puttering (and I do mean putter... cuz I was exhausted) down the aisles looking for my grocery list of things to get... one of which was Diet Pepsi... I see mega displays of candy for Halloween. [I've always wondered why Dentists don't leave biz cards or put posters up next to these displays... might think twice before buying... right *wink*]. They have piles of candy all over the store... pretty weird... like HEY YOU! You missed picking candy of that shelf, try this one!

Anyway, I get to this one area over by the milk, eggs, butter; and out of the corner of my eye, I see it... "Twilight"! YOU KNOW THAT FONT, right?



Well, I did that double-take ... I went over and saw this very pathetic stack of Sweethearts Conversation hearts in a black box that says, "Forbidden Fruits." Perhaps you've seen it? It was actually the worst display to Twilight that I have ever seen! I think I need to have a talk with that store manager. What do you think?

As I am pulling out my cell phone to snap a picture, an employee comes out of the door and right in my path... So I do that trick where you pretend your just walking by...right...Pointless, cuz he caught me...but there you go. He gets around me and I snap the pic...


Edward, Bella, & Edward with Bella on the packages!

Now, if only I could think of a reason why EVERY single box with EDWARD on it was open! Go on... post your thoughts on this... I know I can think of a few!!! Haha! I shit you not... I looked in that whole little pathetic pile of an Edward box that I could POP open myself.

Now there seem to be several different sayings on the hearts... just like usual... But these have words from Twilight on them... For example: "Lamb," "Dazzle," "Live 4 Ever," "I &heart; EC," and then my favorite, "Bite Me." What I found humorous, (yes I thrill easily...cheap date) It says right on the package, "Secret Scent Rub to Reveal..."

Right now, I am eating Edward [hmm, that didn't sound right] and they are sickeningly sweet. Don't think I could eat Bella by myself. [*wink* I don't swing that way anyway.]


With New Moon just around the corner, we're going to start seeing these shrines and monuments to Twilight, Edward Cullen, New Moon, etc. Keep your eyes peeled! I keep thinking I may come across something totally awesome to wear or bring to my movie night!


Look forward to reading your thoughts.

No comments: